Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Full Time|
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are being accepted for a Temporary Full Time Registered Nurse to work on Med/Surg. The successful applicant’s commitment is 75 hours per bi weekly pay period. The expected contract end date for this position is December 31, 2023.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses
- Current certificate in BCLS
- Certified to start I.V.’s and give I.V. meds, including Central Venous Access Devices
- Wound Care Certification or agreement to obtain within 1 year
- Crisis Intervention Training
- Palliative care training required or will pursue within 1 year
Skills and Ability
- Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
- Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO standards
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Crisis management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
- Recent experience in acute care/medical surgical nursing is preferred
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Are you eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness?
Erie Shores HealthCare is considered a rural hospital. This qualifies our Nurses to be eligible to receive up to $20,000 in Student Loan Forgiveness. Learn more at the Government website: Canada Student Loan Forgiveness
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.