Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Full-Time Respiratory Therapist. The Respiratory Therapists will be responsible for performing respiratory therapeutics throughout the hospital including critical care areas. The successful applicant will be required to work 12 hour shifts, scheduled between 1900 and 0700, including weekends. The commitment to this position is 75.00 hours per bi-weekly pay period. This position is anticipated to end on or before March 31, 2023.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy
• Active member in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
• Successful Completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care (CRBC) exam
• Current ACLS, NRP & PALS certification
• Arterial line insertion, monitoring, etc. experience preferred
• ABG collection and analysis
• Critical Care experience
• Evidence of sound organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills with ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective team member
• Demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community.
• Computer literacy
• Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position required.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.