Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Casual Registered Nurse
Job Posting Number:
|Ambulatory Care & Oncology
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are now being accepted for 2 Casual Registered Nurses to work in the Ambulatory Care & Oncology Department.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Registered Nurse provides compassionate care for ambulatory and chemotherapy patients. In additional to non-chemotherapy infusions and injections (i.e. iron, IVIG, RhIG), the RN is responsible to administer chemotherapy regimens as directed and in collaboration with the Regional Cancer Program team. The RN will apply, in the practice setting, nursing theory, practical expertise, an awareness of community services and physiological and principles of health and disease. The RN receives reports from health professionals, obtains related health information, and delivers non-chemo infusions, systemic therapy, and supportive treatments to local patients.
The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is 1 shift per month.
The proposed schedule/shift times are 8am-4pm; 9am-5pm; or 10am-6pm Monday to Friday.
Skills and Ability
- Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
- Demonstrates leadership is defined by CNO standards
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Crisis management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse through the College of Nurses of Ontario – Required
- Minimum of two years or 3,000 hours (in the last 5 years) of RN experience with medicine and/or oncology patients – Required
- Completion of De Souza Foundations in Oncology Nursing Practice course – Required
- Completion of De Souza Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy / Biotherapy course – Required
- Recent certification in the administration of chemotherapy agents – Preferred
- Commitment to obtain CNA Certification CON(c) within 2 years
- Commitment to obtain CNA Certification in Hospice Palliative Care within 3 years
- Current CPR Certification required
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is a requirement
Are you eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness?
Erie Shores HealthCare is considered a rural hospital. This qualifies our Nurses to be eligible to receive up to $20,000 in Student Loan Forgiveness. Learn more at the Government website: Canada Student Loan Forgiveness
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.