Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse
Job Posting Number:
|Float Pool Program
|Temporary Part Time |
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse to work in the Nursing Float Pool Program. The Nursing Float Pool is a program aimed at promoting professional nursing, while utilizing our nurses' unique gifts of flexibility, expertise and experience. Nursing support staffing consists of staff that float to different units depending on the needs of the hospital. The Float Pool provides the opportunity for nurses to work throughout our network, in a variety of units, including: maternal-newborn, surgical, medical, telemetry and critical care. The successful applicant will be required to work a variety of shifts. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is approximately 37.5 hours per bi weekly pay period. The expected contract end date for his position is May 1, 2024.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses;
- Current certificate in BCLS & NRP certification required
- Crisis Intervention Training
- CNA Certification in Critical Care, or able to obtain it within 6 months of hire
- Maternal-Newborn Course or able to obtain it within 6 months of hire
- Current ACLS, BCLS, NRP & PALS
- Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation competency required
- Wound Care Certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
- Triage certification required or will pursue within 1 year
- I.V. Therapy experience
- Palliative care training preferred
Skills and Ability
- Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
- Demonstrates leadership is defined by CNO standards
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Crisis management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
- 2 years two years of recent RN experience required.
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.