Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Speech Language Pathologist
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Part Time |
|Non Union |
|See Human Resources
Erie Shores HealthCare is currently home to 58 inpatient beds and a range of patient programs and services including a 24/7 Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care, Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, Laboratory Services, General Surgery, Cardiopulmonary Services, Pharmacy and Rehabilitation Services.
Erie Shores HealthCare is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people it serves by leading the development of a sustainable integrated rural health system. As an employer of choice, the hospital has a culture of caring that makes Erie Shores HealthCare a hospital of choice for patients and the communities it serves.
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part-Time Speech Language Pathologist. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive communication and swallowing assessments, treatment and consultation services within the assigned program (s). The hours of work are flexible contingent upon departmental needs (23.5 hours per week). The expected end date for this contract is June 30, 2023.
- Provide direct communication and swallowing assessment services utilizing variety of treatment modalities for referred patients, in accordance with professional practice standards
- Develop communication and swallowing treatment plans based upon assessment results, communicate such to the interdisciplinary teams, patient (as appropriate), family and relevant other internal external contacts
- Participate in interdisciplinary patient care planning, along the continuum of intake/admission to discharge
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders or Speech Language Pathology from a recognized university
- Member in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Membership with the Ontario Association of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists an asset
- Previous experience in a health care environment, preferably with the target population of the program(s) served
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development. leadership qualities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Very Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.