Erie Shores HealthCare is a dynamic community hospital located in Leamington, Ontario. Servicing the Leamington, Kingsville, Lakeshore, Essex, Harrow, Belle River, Amherstburg, and Wheatley communities, Erie Shores HealthCare continues to grow and adapt to the communities it serves. Erie Shores HealthCare is currently home to 58 inpatient beds and a range of patient programs and services including a 24/7 Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care, Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, Laboratory Services, General Surgery, Cardiopulmonary Services, Pharmacy and Rehabilitation Services.
Erie Shores HealthCare is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people it serves by leading the development of a sustainable integrated rural health system. As an employer of choice, Erie Shores HealthCare has a culture of caring that makes them the hospital of choice for patients and the communities it serves.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director, Interprofessional Practice, Research and CNE plays an integral role that will advance the standards of practice for and promote the professional development of all nursing and allied health staff. The Director, Interprofessional Practice, Research and CNE is responsible for ensuring strategies are implemented to promote a safe, healthy, & productive workplace; reduce to the lowest possible levels the number and severity of workplace accidents and the amount of time lost by employees due to illness/injury; promote, monitor and educate on best practice Infection Prevention and Control measures; establish and maintain quality management initiatives that are aligned with established ESHC Standards. This role collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer and members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to establish and accomplish organizational goals and objectives, as well as strategic plans for the organization.
- Actively participate as a member of the SLT as well as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors
- Help lead and be accountable for the strategic oversight and delivery of professional practice and quality initiatives
- Develop and monitor the delivery of multi-year strategic Quality Plans, the Accreditation Process, applicable corporate policies and procedures as well as coordination and administration of the hospital's quality improvement plan
- Build and sustain highly collaborative relationships with the senior leadership team to plan and oversee strategic initiatives assigned to the Clinical Operations portfolio
- Support and guide Clinical Vice Presidents to work with front-line leadership and staff on delivering outstanding care
- Continue to build a culture committed to quality clinical care focusing on inter-professional collaboration and education
- Foster a productive, cohesive relationship between hospital administration and physicians
- Champion system collaboration and linkages with the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), the community, other health care partners regionally and provincially, and academia, with a view to improving the health status of the populations treated at Erie Shores HealthCare
- Foster an organizational drive towards outstanding quality, safety and performance excellence, empowering others and facilitating effective linkages and partnerships across all levels of the organization
- Sustain and build on the vision for Nursing and Professional Practice excellence across the organization and advocate on professional standards and regulatory requirements
- Support and foster evidence-based practice within the clinical environment, emphasizing program evaluation and research integration. Ensure that professional regulations are interpreted into organizational policies and education programs are developed and delivered to support professional staff
- Foster and maintain strong, practice-focused leadership teams organizationally through direct involvement in recruitment, retention, leadership development; succession planning and performance management
- Responsible for managing the overall direction, planning, execution, and oversight of research projects, including strategic planning, budget and resource management, data collection, clinical operational activities and program growth and development
- Establish methods to implement and support clinical research, and ensure timely submission of contract deliverables and processing of clinical agreements
- Collaborative partner with WeSpark, University of Windsor, St. Clair College, HDGH, and WRH.
Infection Prevention and Control Management
- Work in a dyad relationship with the Chief of Staff to provide direction, recommendation, advice, and counsel to clinical and medical leaders regarding IPAC operations and service delivery
- Direct IPAC staff and consult with other stakeholders in the tactical planning for IPAC by developing goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures according to the Strategic Objectives of the IPAC service, and in support of ESHC operational priorities related to emerging pathogens, pandemic response, and other outbreak management
- Plan, coordinate, direct, evaluate and monitor IPAC operations and the strategic initiatives involved with infection prevention and control based on clinical and operational needs
- Ensure high-quality and standardized processes related to infection prevention and control practices and surveillance
- Establish or lead committees as appropriate, to ensure programs are designed to deliver on outcomes, performance is monitored and strong support of key partners is established
- Initiate and develop effective working relationships with external professional associations and peers in other health care institutions to maintain currency of current/emerging practices, trends and/or legislation/regulations
- Take a leadership role in educating staff and physicians on key safety, infectious risks and prevention measures
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing in addition to professional education in business or health administration is preferred
- A Registered Nurse eligible to practice in the Province of Ontario required
- A minimum of 15 years of successful and progressive leadership experience in a health care setting; with a minimum of five years experience in a senior leadership role is required
- Advanced knowledge of the Ontario health care systems and funding models coupled with strong evidence of successful management and accountability for financial/operational and functional planning preferred
- Sound knowledge of Nursing and Allied Health practice standards
- Ability to manage hospital and understanding of academic health center environments
- Demonstrated understanding of proven quality improvement techniques [e.g. Plan-Do-Study- Act (PDSA), Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) etc.]
- Solid understanding of hospital/healthcare governance, and relevant legislation such as the Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA), Ontario Hospital Association (OHA), the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), Mental Health Act(MHA), the Canadian Health Act (CHA), Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong, effective working relationships with other senior leaders, physicians, community partners and other service providers through consensus- building, and conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong people leadership, including mentoring and coaching and performance management with senior experience leading change in a unionized environment and a solid track record of leading change initiatives that impact organization-wide processes and culture
- Strategic yet pragmatic and can easily move between strategy and tactical execution in order to drive results, meet priorities and manage intense activity
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.