Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Part Time |
Applications are now being accepted for a three (3) Clinical Externs. The Clinical Extern will be working in the capacity as an unregulated health care provider. Nursing/Paramedic Clinical Extern work in collaboration with a unit nursing team under direct and/or indirect supervision of an appointed registered nursing professional.
Externs will be hired on contract, during which the Extern will work part time hours to a maximum of full-time hours (37.5 hours per week). Hours of work are 12-hour day shifts, 0700-1900, and night shifts, 1900-0700, including weekends, within the Inpatient Unit but may be moved to other areas as needed. The position has an expected contract end date of March 31, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to policies and procedures established for the assigned department while supporting the Mission, Vision and Values of Erie Shores Healthcare
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
- Practice under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the nursing professional assigned to them on the unit and in a manner consistent with organizational policies and professional standards, while taking into account College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) guidance for unregulated care providers
- Assist with comfort measures and patient safety by ensuring the environment is clean and tidy and free of hazards
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Participate as a team member
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
- Nursing Student in year two or higher of study or a Paramedic student in year two or higher of an approved paramedic program required
- Enrolled in a College of Nurses of Ontario approved Undergraduate or Diploma nursing program required
- Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Completion of a recent clinical placement in an acute care area preferred
- Demonstrated infection prevention and control practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.