Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Temporary Full Time Registered Nurse
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Full Time|
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Full Time Registered Nurse to work in the Emergency Department. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is 37.50 hours per week. The successful applicant will be required to work a DDNN Shift rotation.
This position will end on or before March 31, 2023.
- Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA Certification in Critical Care
- Current ACLS, BCLS, NRP & PALS
- Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation competency required
- Wound Care Certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
- Triage certification required or will pursue within 1 year
- I.V. Therapy experience
Skills and Ability
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional, caring approach with patients, public, department staff, physicians, staff from other departments and other institutes and agencies
- Competency with basic nursing skills including, assessment, observation, documentation and problem solving, decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO Standards
- Crisis management skills
- Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
- 2 years experience working in Emergency or ICU preferred
- 3 years recent experience in Acute Care nursing is required
- Applicants with previous ICU/ER experience or related courses will be given preference
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is a requirement
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.