Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part-Time Registered Practical Nurses to work in the Covid Assessment Center. The successful applicant will be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays. The commitment to this position is 37.5 hours per bi-weekly pay period. The expected end date of this position is on or before March 31, 2023.
• Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses.
• Current BCLS required
• Crisis Intervention Training Required
• Gentle Persuasion certification required
• Wound care certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
• Palliative care training required
• Previous experience with Geriatric clients an asset
• Previous experience with Medical Surgical clients an asset
• Previous experience in the care of Palliative patients is an asset
Skills and Ability
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
• Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO Standards
• Crisis management skills
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
• General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demand of the position
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.