Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Clinical Practice Manager
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Full Time|
|See Human Resources
Reporting to the Director of Inter-Professional Practice, the Clinical Practice Manager will be responsible for ensuring quality patient care through the advancement of nursing knowledge and professional practice. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the Clinical Education Program and the ongoing clinical education of staff focusing on quality of care and clinical best practices. The successful applicant will be required to work days with occasional off hours and weekends of call.
This is a temporary contract position ending on or before September 30, 2023.
Essential Job Functions
- Acting as a leader to nursing staff and health care team, regarding evidence based advanced nursing practice, problem based needs analysis and strategies for change
- Assisting nursing staff in the development of clinical decision-making and problem solving skills through case consultation, clinical demonstration, case review, bedside rounds, etc.
- Acting as a resource person, through informal and formal conferencing with nursing and other allied health care professionals in determining appropriate strategies to achieve patient-focused outcomes
- Developing program specific patient/nursing care standards in keeping with the corporate strategic direction, the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Acting as a role model in the application of standards and philosophy of nursing practice and nursing process, in the delivery of patient care and nursing education.
- Directing and developing nursing education and professional development programs within the program/specialty area and across the corporation.
- Conducting needs assessment in order to determine the educational requirements of the staff and legislated requirements of the specialty area.
- Establishing clinical outcomes of education programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses (CNO) required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) required
- 5 years recent relevant clinical experience required
- Recent teaching experience (e.g.: facilitating for an educational institution, delivering in-services to Interprofessional in a clinical setting, teaching formalized education programs, and/or other similar recognized adult teaching experience) required
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN) preferred
- Experience in planning, developing and evaluating educational programs preferred
- Graduate of post-basic course in Intensive Care Nursing or recognized equivalent an asset
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Instructor Level an asset
- Provider Level Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) registration an asset
- Instructor level ACLS an asset
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.