Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|See Human Resources
Reporting to the Team Lead, General Accounting & Payroll, the Financial Analyst contributes financial expertise and support for monitoring, analyzing, assessing and reporting on fiscal performance and forecasts relative to budget, with respect to expenditure patterns and resource utilization. The Financial Analyst assists in the ongoing review of financial information, statistical information and processes along with strategic and operational planning.
The successful applicant will be required to work 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to policies and procedures established for the assigned department while supporting the Mission, Vision and Values of Erie Shores HealthCare
- Assist the Team Lead and Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of hospital's annual operating and capital budget
- Prepare all required monthly financial entries in the general ledger
- Assist in the compilation of monthly financial statements including cash flow and variance analysis
- Assist in the payment cycle with Transform Shared Service Organization (TSSO) in terms of weekly cash requirements review, invoice processing and payment
- Complete bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Maintain General Ledger chart of accounts, Enterprise Service Management (ESM) system maintenance (new users, passwords)
- Develop and maintain financial reports generated through ESM
- Analyze budget variances and answer financial queries of assigned Department Directors
- Responsible for assisting in reporting requirements (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Assists in reconciling all accounts in the general ledger
- Prepare and complete HST return on quarterly basis
- Prepare working papers and documentation to assist the External Auditors with the annual audit
- Assist Payroll and Patient Accounting Clerks as required
- Backup for payroll duties
- Occasionally develop and deliver financial presentations
- Collect departmental statistics and maintain Statistical General Ledger
- Provide statistical data/information to various users within the hospital
- Work with Managers/Directors in completing ad-hoc business cases/briefing notes
- Assist in the management and administration of office supply ordering and printer fleet management
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- Excellent analytical skills required
- CPA designation considered an asset
- Experience working in a hospital or healthcare environment considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to organize and co-ordinate various departmental functions, prioritize work, and adapt to changing priorities within Finance Department
- Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with all levels of staff
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.