Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000 person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Click this link to learn more about our hospital and community.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Part Time |
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse to work in the Emergency Department. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is 37.50 hours per bi-weekly pay period and be available to work the following shifts: 0700-1900, 1900-0700, 1000-2200, or 1500-0300. The expected contract end date for this position is on or before September 5, 2024.
- Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA Certification in Critical Care
- Current ACLS, BCLS, NRP & PALS
- Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation competency required
- Wound Care Certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
- Triage certification required or will pursue within 1 year
- I.V. Therapy experience
Skills and Ability
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional, caring approach with patients, public, department staff, physicians, staff from other departments and other institutes and agencies
- Competency with basic nursing skills including, assessment, observation, documentation and problem solving, decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO Standards
- Crisis management skills
- Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
- 2 years experience working in Emergency or ICU preferred
- 3 years recent experience in Acute Care nursing is preferred
- Applicants with previous ICU/ER experience or related courses will be given preference
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is a requirement
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.