Applications are now being accepted for a Casual Respiratory Therapist. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for performing respiratory therapeutics throughout the hospital including critical care areas. The successful applicant must be able to work 0800-2000, 2000-800, and 800-1600 to support the 24 hour operation of the Respiratory department, this includes working weekends and holidays. Unscheduled part time employees must work at least once every 3 months to maintain seniority with the hospital.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy
• Active member in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
• Successful Completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care (CRBC) exam
• Current ACLS, NRP & PALS certification
• Arterial line insertion, monitoring, etc. experience preferred
• ABG collection and analysis
• Critical Care experience
• Evidence of sound organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills with ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective team member
• Demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community.
• Computer literacy
• Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position required.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy