Applications are now being accepted for two (2) Temporary contract Nursing Externs. The Nursing Extern will be working in the capacity as an unregulated health care provider. They will work in collaboration with a unit nursing team under direct and/or indirect supervision of an appointed registered nursing professional.
During the period of May 1, 2023 to September 10, 2023 the successful applicants will work Full Time hours on a day, day, night, night schedule up to 75 hours per bi-weekly pay period. Days of work for this position are Monday-Sunday, including holidays. Hours of work for this position are 0700-1900 and 1900-0700.
Starting September 11, 2023 the successful applicants will be committed to a Part Time schedule for the remainder of their contract. The successful applicants will be scheduled up to 37.5 hours per bi-weekly pay period. Days of work for this position are Monday-Sunday, including holidays. Hours of work for this position are 0700-1900 and 1900-0700.
The position has an expected contract end date on or before March 31, 2024.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Adhere to policies and procedures established for the assigned department while supporting the Mission, Vision and Values of Erie Shores Healthcare
• Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
• Practice under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the nursing professional assigned to them on the unit and in a manner consistent with organizational policies and professional standards, while taking into account College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) guidance for unregulated care providers
• Assist with comfort measures and patient safety by ensuring the environment is clean and tidy and free of hazards
• Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Participate as a team member
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
• Nursing Student in year two or higher of study required
• Enrolled in a College of Nurses of Ontario approved Undergraduate or Diploma nursing program required
• Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
• Completion of a recent clinical placement in an acute care area preferred
• Demonstrated infection prevention and control practices
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.