Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician. The successful applicant will be required to work Monday-Sunday, 0600-1400, 0700-1500, 0630-1430, 1500-2300, including holidays. The successful applicant will be committed to 37.5 hours per bi-weekly pay period. This position is anticipated to end on or before October 2, 2023.
• Graduate of A Medical Laboratory Technician Program from an accredited College – required
• MLPAO certification – required
The Medical Laboratory Assistant will demonstrate aptitude in all General Laboratory areas including:
• Reagent, sample and smear preparation, staining of smears, preparation of kits;
• Operation of automated instruments after proper functioning has been established by a technologist, routine
• Equipment maintenance, including temperature monitoring;
• Set up of laboratory tests, as applicable;
• Results transcription, record filing and retrieval;
• Phlebotomy, specimen collection and processing.
• Training in blood collecting techniques, familiar with medical terminology;
• Evidence of good interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a health care setting;
• Ensures the confidentiality of all patient information;
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment;
• General good health and a level of functional ability appropriate to the demands of the position.
• Must be able to draw blood from patients of all ages (Newborns – Adults)
• Able to prioritize and perform reliably;
• Able to work with little supervision;
• Able to participate as a member of the health care team;
• Computer skills;
• Phlebotomy skills.
• French language skills an asset
• General good health, good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is a requirement.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.