Join Our Team
Become Part of a Team That’s Improving Lives
Erie Shores HealthCare is a 58-bed acute care community hospital serving the southernmost part of Canada. Our 110,000-person catchment area includes the communities of Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Amherstburg, Belle River, and Wheatley.
Join a team where you can make a difference in one of the country's most unique and diverse communities.
Back to Job Opportunities
Critical Care Outreach Team Resource Leader
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary Part Time |
|Per Collective Agreement
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Critical Care Outreach Team Resource Leader (CCOT-RL) to work in the ICU Department.
The successful applicant will be required to work 2300-0700. Scheduled shift days will include Monday to Sunday.
The commitment to this position is 4 shifts per bi-weekly pay period.
This position will start immediately.
The expected contract end date for this position is December 4, 2023.
CCOT RL will provide critical care resources and support to in-patients and their families by acting as a resource for nursing unit staff, initiating CCOT medical directives, and also through follow up with patients post-transfer from critical care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The CCOT-RL will have the ability to direct and delegate to the Inpatient and Emergency Department (ED) nursing team to manage the CCOT activated patient.
- Be a Critical Care clinical resource to all staff, patients, visitors, and physicians, communicating and problem solving efficiently and effectively
- Be a systems’ thinker ensuring that all processes are being followed by all staff
- Huddle with the staff during challenging moments to identify changes in department resources to calm/reset the climate of the department
- CCOT-RL provides care and may be expected to assume care for patients that may be unstable, complex and have unpredictable outcomes
- Communicate effectively with the physician re: physician and patient issues relating to the critical needs of the patient and department
- Complete on-going patient assessment of activated CCOT patients in collaboration with MRP, CCOT NP lead, and CCOT Medical Director
- Collaborative team approach with CCOT Medical Director and Internal Medicine NP
- Role-model professional values, beliefs and attributes. Act as a role model and mentor to less experienced nurses and students
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
- Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses (CNO) required
- BScN required
- Certificate in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Certificate in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- 4-6 years critical care experience required
- Certificate in NIHSS preferred
- Certificate in 12 Lead ECG Interpretation preferred
- Previous leadership experience an asset
- Previous experience in critical care education, planning and implementation an asset
- Strong leadership characteristics and abilities
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Desire to go above and beyond to achieve the necessary goals and/or to support all staff
- Calm demeanor and able to maintain a level head and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Detailed oriented
- Flexible with an ability to handle pressure and be resilient
- Strong and respectful conflict resolution skills.
- Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.