Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Registered Practical Nurse to work on 2 South. The successful applicant will be required to work Monday-Sunday 0700-1900, & 1900-0700, including weekends & holidays. The successful applicant has a commitment to this position of 37.50 hours per bi-weekly pay period. This temporary position is anticipated to end on or before April 4, 2024.
• Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses
• Graduate of an approved Registered Practical Nursing Program
• Current BCLS required
• Current ACLS preferred
• Gentle Persuasion certification preferred
• Wound care certification or OHA equivalent preferred
• Palliative care training preferred
• Thorough knowledge of nursing principles, procedures and practices in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the CNO and the regulations of the Regulated Health Care Professions Act (RHPA)
Skills and Ability
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Telemetry trained
• Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
• Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO Standards
• Crisis management skills
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
• 2 years recent experience in acute care/medical surgical nursing is preferred
• General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demand of the position
This position is eligible for our Employee Referral Incentive. Up to $1,000 is available for current employees who make a referral that results in a hire. You can find more information on the Policy & Procedure Library.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.