|Temporary Part Time|
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part-Time Transportation Attendant to transport patients and equipment safely, throughout the hospital, to and from ER to Diagnostic Imaging and or Inpatient Programs. The successful applicant will be required to work Monday-Sunday 0700-1500 and 11300-1700, including holidays. The commitment to this position is 37.50 hours per bi-weekly pay period.
- Adhere to policies and procedures established for the assigned department while supporting the Mission, Vision and Values of Erie Shores Healthcare
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
- Provide safe and timely transportation of patients throughout Hospital including areas such as: ER, Diagnostic Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, CT, physiotherapy and Inpatient areas using the appropriate method of transportation
- Use appropriate transfer mobility aids under the direction of professional staff to safely transfer patients
- Transport patients, specimens, equipment and materials to all areas of the Hospital as required
- Assists with lifting, positioning, turning, transfer and ambulation of patients when requested
- Replenish linens as needed
- Assist in ensuring a safe, clean and organized work environment
- Know Personal Protective Equipment location in work area, use PPE when required and report to manager or designate when PPE is not in working order
- Respond promptly and effectively at all times
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 1 year experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting with patient population is preferred
- Effective positive interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, tact, professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform moderate heavy work, involving lifting, considerable walking, standing, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to critically think and prioritize workload
- Team and Customer focused with the ability to communicate respectfully in a pleasant, flexible and professional manner with patients, families, staff and volunteers
- Ability to work shift work
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.