A Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse opportunity is available to work in the Nursing Float Pool Program. The Nursing Float Pool is a program aimed at promoting professional nursing, while utilizing our nurses' unique gifts of flexibility, expertise and experience. Nursing support staffing consists of staff that float to different units depending on the needs of the hospital. The Float Pool provides the opportunity for nurses to work throughout our network, in a variety of units, including: maternal-newborn, surgical, medical, telemetry and critical care. The successful applicant will be required to work a variety of shifts. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is approximately 37.5 hours per bi weekly pay period for a duration of 18 months.
• Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses;
• Current certificate in BCLS & NRP certification required
• Crisis Intervention Training
• CNA Certification in Critical Care, or able to obtain it within 6 months of hire
• Maternal-Newborn Course or able to obtain it within 6 months of hire
• Current ACLS, BCLS, NRP & PALS
• Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation competency required
• Wound Care Certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
• Triage certification required or will pursue within 1 year
• I.V. Therapy experience
• Palliative care training preferred
Skills and Ability
• Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
• Demonstrates leadership is defined by CNO standards
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
• Crisis management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
• 2 years two years of recent RN experience required.
• Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.