Erie Shores HealthCare believes that we must recruit the best person for the job the first time and we promote ourselves as an employer of choice. The hospital has a culture of caring that makes us a hospital of choice for patients and the communities we serve. At ESHC we strive to develop a positive work environment where employees can work together, feel as if their skills are being used, are appreciated and maintain a solid work/life balance. We focus on a team approach that encourages open communication.
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Full Time Registered Nurse to work in the Emergency Department. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is 37.50 hours per week. The successful applicant will be required to work Full Time night shifts including weekends. This position will begin immediately and is expected to last until March 31, 2022.
• Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• CNA Certification in Critical Care
• Current ACLS, BCLS, NRP & PALS
• Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation competency required
• Wound Care Certification or OHA equivalent or will pursue within 1 year
• Triage certification required or will pursue within 1 year
• I.V. Therapy experience
Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated ability to provide professional, caring approach with patients, public, department staff, physicians, staff from other departments and other institutes and agencies
• Competency with basic nursing skills including, assessment, observation, documentation and problem solving, decision making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO Standards
• Crisis management skills
• Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
• 2 years experience working in Emergency or ICU preferred
• 3 years recent experience in Acute Care nursing is required
• Applicants with previous ICU/ER experience or related courses will be given preference
• Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is a requirement
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.