Erie Shores HealthCare believes that we must recruit the best person for the job the first time and we promote ourselves as an employer of choice. The hospital has a culture of caring that makes us a hospital of choice for patients and the communities we serve. At ESHC we strive to develop a positive work environment where employees can work together, feel as if their skills are being used, are appreciated and maintain a solid work/life balance. We focus on a team approach that encourages open communication.
Applications are now being accepted for a Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse to work in the Med/Surge Department. The successful applicant’s commitment to this position is 37.50 hours per bi-weekly pay period. This position will begin immediately and is expected to end on or before March 31, 2022.
• Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses
• Current certificate in BCLS
• Certified to start I.V.’s and give I.V. meds, including Central Venous Access Devices
• Wound Care Certification or agreement to obtain within 1 year
• Crisis Intervention Training
• Palliative care training required or will pursue within 1 year
Skills and Ability
• Knowledge and commitment to client centered care model
• Demonstrates leadership as defined by CNO standards
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
• Crisis management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Willing to assist with relieving in other nursing areas as required
• Recent experience in acute care/medical surgical nursing is preferred
• Good attendance record and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position is required
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.