The Human Resources Department at Erie Shores Healthcare (ESHC) is an integral part of the organization as it is most often the first point of contact for prospective employees. Once in the door, the new employee will interact with HR on a myriad of topics over the course of their career. Human Resources provides the administrative day-to-day paperwork for staffing related matters and ensures compliance with all policies, collective agreements, provincial regulations and laws relevant to the employee-employer relationship. On a strategic level, the human resource professional within the organization provides change management strategies and supports transformational activities within the context of the hospital’s strategic plan.
Erie Shores HealthCare believes that we must recruit the best person for the job the first time and we promote ourselves as an employer of choice. The hospital has a culture of caring that makes us a hospital of choice for patients and the communities we serve. As a Human Resource Administrator at ESHC, you will have the opportunity to work with employees and help make ESHC an even greater place to work!
The successful applicant will provide administrative day-to-day support to the Human Resources Department, and will be required to work 45 hours bi-weekly. This position will end on or before March 31, 2022.
• Organize and maintain department and employee files.
• Prepare and submit employee data reports.
• Process all new hire paperwork into the HRIS.
• Enter employee benefits enrollments and Leave of Absence administrative management.
• Provide payroll information by tracking employee hours for wage increases and vacation entitlements.
• Drive HR process improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining the Human Resources standard operating procedures including uncovering opportunities to enhance systems while ensuring accuracy.
• Abide, instill and demonstrate all provincial laws including privacy Practices Health & Safety guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with Canadian Federal and Provincial legislation.
• Look continuously for opportunities to enhance culture and employee experience.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Act as an ambassador for Erie Shores HealthCare and assist in promoting and sustaining the desire culture.
• Practice Health & Safety Guidelines.
• Working towards a College or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Administration with an emphasis on Human Resources.
• Previous experience working in a health care setting desired.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and web based software programs, including HRIS systems.
• Work well as part of a team and can build strong relationships but can also work autonomously.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and decision making skills and is a critical thinker.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.