The Human Resources Department at Erie Shores Healthcare (ESHC) is an integral part of the organization as it is most often the first point of contact for prospective employees. Once in the door, the new employee will interact with HR on a myriad of topics over the course of their career. Human Resources provides the administrative day-to-day paperwork for staffing related matters and ensures compliance with all policies, collective agreements, provincial regulations and laws relevant to the employee-employer relationship. On a strategic level, the human resource professional within the organization provides change management strategies and supports transformational activities within the context of the hospital’s strategic plan.
Erie Shores HealthCare believes that we must recruit the best person for the job the first time and we promote ourselves as an employer of choice. The hospital has a culture of caring that makes us a hospital of choice for patients and the communities we serve. As a Human Resource Generalist at ESHC, you will have the opportunity to work with employees and help make ESHC an even greater place to work!
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position.
As our Human Resources Generalist, you will:
• Guide and advise employees and management on the interpretation of company policies, legislation and contract language to ensure consistent application and practices are followed.
• Provide advice, guidance and support in areas such as employee relations, performance management, attendance, and leaves.
• Administer and ensure adherence to the various collective agreements and works proactively with management and union leadership to develop solutions to workplace issues, resolve grievances and manage the grievance process.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of formal proceedings such as Negotiations, Arbitrations, Mediations and Human Rights Tribunals.
• Manage the investigation process for internal complaints.
• Participate in the hiring process from beginning to end through attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling, conducting interviews, managing the hiring and onboarding of new employees.
• Support Occupational Health with WSIB reports and claims.
• Support the maintenance of the Pay Equity plan.
• Act as an ambassador for Erie Shores HealthCare and assists in promoting and sustaining the desired culture.
• Participate on various committees - Health and Safety Committee and Social Committee.
• Manage employee attendance program.
• Provide excellent support for internal stakeholders.
• Drive HR Process Improvements.
• Abides, instills and demonstrates all provincial laws including privacy.
• Practices Health & Safety guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
As our ideal candidate, you:
• University degree or College diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration
• CHRP designation preferred.
• 3-5 years of Human Resources experience in a unionized environment.
• Previous experience working in a health care setting preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, web based software programs, and a strong knowledge of an HRIS system.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to manage and resolve conflict.
• Have strong learning orientation focused on providing a positive customer experience for stakeholders.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and effectively reprioritize demands.
At ESHC we strive to develop a positive work environment where employees can work together, feel as if their skills are being used, are appreciated and maintain a solid work/life balance. We focus on a team approach that encourages open communication.
We thank all interested candidates, however only qualified candidates will be contacted to interview.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.